A life long passion for computers and electronics have given me excellent skills working with a variety of operating systems and devices. A degree in psychology has helped me become a very patient and effective teacher. I’ve been helping friends and family in the Nanoose area with their computers for years and have decided to offer my services on a professional level.
My professional experience includes setting up and running all the computers and home theater equipment for electronics retailer Soundsaround in Calgary, AB.
Prices will start at $30 an hour to help launch my new business and there are no travel charges for clients in the Nanoose Bay area.
I am able to provide on site support to clients between from Nanaimo to Qualicum Beach.
“Patrick quietly works away, and has ALWAYS found a solution to any challenges we place in his hands! He is our only go-to person for everything from technical issues to “how do we do this Patrick???” – Sasha McKay, Nanoose Bay
On site help with computer problems, major and minor
- Teaching computer / Smart phone / Tablet basics
- Remote assistance is available for minor computer issues
- Set up of new computer systems
- Installation of new computer programs
- Comfortable with Windows or Mac based machines
- Cleaning malware / viruses and speeding up old machines
- Computers built from parts customized to your budget and needs
- Custom computers can be easily upgraded and refreshed to last a very long time
- Set ups can be tweaked to match your unique needs, whether that’s SSD scratch disks for Photoshop or big liquid cooled GPUs for games.
- Custom machines contain none of the bloatware that is installed in pre-built PCs
Home Theater Set up and Optimization
- Set up and installations of new systems
- Optimization of current systems to ensure the best possible performance
- Experience with everything from sound bars and home theaters in a box to audiophile level equipment
Examples of Custom Computer Builds:
Photoshop Machine for Craig Carmichael of Island Exposures in Parksville in June 2016. Goal was a dedicated computer to run large files in Photoshop with a budget of $1000. Small GPU was used to boost Photoshop performance.
“My new computer is at least 5 times faster, probably closer to 10 times! The time it saves me each day adds up quick, I would think about 5 to 7 hours a week.” -Craig Carmichael
- i5-6600 Processor
- 120 GB SSD for Windows and Photoshop install
- 120 GB M.2 SSD for use as a dedicated scratch disk
- 2 TB HHD for photo storage
- 1 TB HHD pulled from old machine for storage
- 16 GB DDR2 RAM at 2133MHz
- 600 W Power Supply
- GeForce GT 730 2GB GPU
Basic Office Machine for John Day of the FOAMguy in Nanaimo in September 2017. Goal was a fast, reliable office machine that could be counted on to run for 8+ years. Budget of $800.
- Ryzen 3 1200 Processor
- 120 GB SSD for Windows install
- 1 TB HDD for storage
- Windows 10 Home
- 8 GB DD4 RAM at 2133 MHz
- GeForce GT 710 2GB GPU